SmartMyBoat is great solution for any boat that is not already high tech. “Smart” your recreational or commercial vessel with just a fraction of cost.
- Transducers – Smart Marine Electronics (Beta)
- Sailduino App (Beta)
- Win 10 Control Center App (retired)
- Chatbot for a voice control (in development)
Smart Marine System
SmartMyBoat is a smart marine computer system based on Arduino and Adobe AIR (Sailduino). It is designed for those who believe that off the shelf, navigation and chartplotters just aren’t good enough, or they come with a big price tag or limited options. Although still in development we hope our solution will bring confidence and reliability to our future voyages and to people who might also want see this system on their vessels.
We designed new shield and placed components inside a protective case that will stand up to the harsh marine environment.
Weather and Location Unit
- Barometer/Humidity sensor/Temperature sensor
- Wind direction
- Wind speed
- Ethernet board
Main Control Unit
- Main engine oil pressure (hookup)
- Main engine temperature (hookup)
- Main battery system voltage level
- Fuel level sensor (hookup)
- Water level tank sensor (hookup)
- Ethernet board
- NMEA 0183 Compass/Depth/Boat speed (Under development)
- Night vision (Under development – version 2.0)
- Engine start (Under development – version 2.0)
- Engine shut-down (Under development – version 2.0)
- Power shut-off (Under development – version 2.0)
- Proximity sensors/Radar (Under development – version 2.0)
- Alarm system (Under development – version 2.0)
Main computer system
Any WiFi device running AIR and with resolution higher than 1366x768px is capable to run Sailduino software. We tested it on numerous Microsoft Windows platforms as well as Apple Mac OS which sometimes may have issues with refreshing data. This issue might be related to default browser setting rather than OS.
- 24″ LCD Display/TV – MacMini – Wireless keyboard and pad
- Samsung Windows 7 Laptop
- Dell Windows 10 Laptop
WiFi/Ethernet – 4G(5G) connectivity available via router
- Sailduino 0.9.0.1 (Adobe AIR with integrated map system for NOAA, ENC, OSM, Satellite maps, …)
- ETA, SOG, COG
- Weather forecast based on internal data
- Engine parameters display
- Autopilot (Under development)
- Voice commands (Under development – version 2.0)
- Mayday command (Under development – version 2.0)
- Major distress command (Under development – version 2.0)
O’day 32 sailboat with 30hp diesel
SmartMyBoat listen various transducers (weather, engine and location and also sensors from your own boat such as the ones attached to water or fuel tanks. These sensor information are available to everyone on the local network. Sailduino App display i log information collected. Long story short, idea is to put a “smart” computer system on a sailboat and be able to talk to it. When issue a voice command, the system process your request and then the system responds back to you with the report as well as taking action, if necessary.
We find SmartMyBoat one of our most dearest project simply because we are sailors and we designed it to work on our own boat. We are at the beginning and we have a long way to go. It is great that while we were working on it people around us wanted to see it on their boats. Sailduino is not ready yet! Currently we are in testing phase where we want to see how Sailduino performs while exposed to weather. – Founders
Once completed (version 22.214.171.124) is likely to be available for around the price of a single of-the-shelf marine electronic component.